Meet your new CHHS teachers and staff!

Ms. Bouchrit

Ms. Hanen Bouchrit went to college in Tunisia and is fluent in both official languages of the country, French and Arabic, along with English. She now teaches Arabic here at CHHS and enjoys several of the performing arts, such as theatre, writing and dance. 

Ms. Hennesey

Ms. Yolanda Hennesey attended the Conservatorio de Musica and Corporacion Universitaria, located in Colombia, where she was a music teacher for many years. Now a Media Center clerk, she likes to hike, travel, and she is a foodie. She is very ecstatic about visiting Israel next month.

Ms. Castañeda

Ms. Lucía Castañeda, a Spanish teacher, attended several Colombian schools before also earning degrees the University of Iowa and Mankato State University. Her love for gothic literature and film may have been a result of growing up in a small town outside of the capital of Colombia with four mental health care centers. 

Ms. Anderson

Ms. Allicia Anderson, who teaches Physical Education, attended the University of Minnesota—Duluth and Saint Mary’s University⁠—Twin Cities. One “not-so-fun” fact is she has had ten knee surgeries since the 7th grade. ...

Mr. Johannes

Mr. Lee Johannes attended St. Cloud State University and teaches social studies. He enjoys golfing, listening to music, traveling around the world and collecting coins.

Mr. Conry

Mr. Tom Conry went to St. Mary’s University—Winona and the University of Houston in Texas. He came in the middle of last school year to teach theatre and dance and is a professional actor and director. During his sophomore year of college, he worked in Alaska for as an actor and intern.

Ms. Shields

Ms. Emily Shields, a new science teacher, went to Mankato State University and Grand Canyon University. She loves knitting and can even spin her own yarn on a spinning wheel.

Ms. Lane

Ms. Jasmine Lane, a University of Minnesota—Twin Cities alumni, teaches English here at Columbia Heights High School. She blogs, hikes and used to box. She also almost fell off the side of a mountain during her high school trip to Mexico! 

Mr. Pashina

Mr. Chris Pashina went to St. Cloud State University. He teaches tech. ed. and enjoys golfing, skiing and woodworking. He even has his own woodworking business straight out of his garage!

Ms. Savoie

Ms. Sam Savoie, an English and Language Arts teacher, attended St. Catherine's University. She loves yoga, hiking and, like most English teachers, she enjoys reading. She has also lived in Grand Marais, which boasts the Minnesotan school closest to Canada.

Ms. Dietz

Ms. Michelle Dietz went to Gustavus Adolphus College and Concordia University⁠—St. Paul. The new visual arts teacher here at Columbia Heights High School can rock climb, bake up a storm, travel and hypnotize chickens. 

Ms. Schutta

Ms. Angela Schutta attended Rasmussen College, St. Catherine’s University and Augsburg University. The new school social worker enjoys gardening as well as arts and crafts. She is also an avid snowboarder and previously was a snowboard instructor. 

Mr. Garbe

Mr. Ryan Garbe, a former campus tour guide at the University of Minnesota⁠—Twin Cities, proudly represents his favorite college by wearing a different piece of U of M gear every Wednesday with no repeats. He is also a sneaker junkie, with his favorite shoes being the Nike 97, Foamposites, and the Zoom Fly Racers. He teaches social studies here at CHHS....

Ms. Yff

Ms. Paula Yff went to the Academy of Art University—San Francisco and the University of Minnesota—Twin Cities. She teaches art at Valley View Elementary in the mornings and CHHS in the afternoons. She loves soccer so much that she named her dog “Pelé” after one of the most legendary players of all time....

Ms. Trnjanin

The Heights Herald • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in